2012年4月23日星期一

2nd best Vegas Restaurant?

Looking at the retaurants voted best in vegas I was stunned to see that In n Out burger is 2nd to rosemarys as the best place to eat in vegas. While i understand that its all controlled by folks votes I couldnt imagine another city in the world where a burger joint is jostling among some of the biggest names on the go..





just interested in views I never got to the vegas branch but have eaten in n out at a few locations in california and just wonderin if the vegas one is superior to the other locations to justify such high praise among a city of eateries!!



2nd best Vegas Restaurant?


I would not vote In N Out Burger the #2 %26#39;restaurant%26#39; in Vegas or any city but I understnad the excitmement around this place. I live on the east coast and we dont have In N Out anywhere around here. Every time I am in Vegas I take a cab to In N Out at least twice. It is soooo good! Does anyone know where the In N Out is on the strip?



2nd best Vegas Restaurant?


I%26#39;m not sure that there is one on the strip.





markforbes, believe me In n Out is NOT the second best restaurant in Vegas! I read reviews of restaurants, especially those of posters that I know have actually eaten at the places. I don%26#39;t take much stock in ratings.




#1 A lot of people use this site to look at stuff but don%26#39;t leave reviews. Other people review their restaurants and attractions with their hotels. So the restaurants reviews aren%26#39;t a good cross sample to work with. I hope that people start leaving more reviews and that they review each component of their trip separately. Yes, I know the coffee shop was in the hotel where you slept, but you should treat it as its own entitiy. Not everyone uses the forum to plan a trip and the reviews do help.





#2 TA does look at external sources to help rank restaurants and attractions but essentially, you vote on your happiness. They add all the points, divide it by the number of reviews and rank accordingly. A lot of people were happy at In and Out, apparently.





#3 Look at the Best of Las Vegas results in the LVRJ over the past few years. Chain restaurants come out on top all the time. Hate to say it but the taste level on the locals isn%26#39;t all that high. In and Out being #2 seems about right for a city like Vegas.




My sister lived in Vegas for 4 years, and am not surprised about the results. She always complained that there was no good Chinese, pizza, pasta, Mexican, etc. restaurants out there. Then again, she was raised in San Fran, so maybe she is a little biased.





I personally think everything tastes better in Vegas when you%26#39;re drunk, so I have no complaints about the food :)








That is pretty sad, to have Rosemary%26#39;s on top, followed by In n Out--seriously? A fast food burger place?





We even tried the Kobe burger at Paris%26#39; burger spot...um, tasted like...um...A BURGER! (and that $18 burger didn%26#39;t taste any better than a cheaper one!)





OMG, all the great places to eat, all that fantastic food...surely they could be more reasonable than that!




Perhaps the root of the problem lies with TA. Allowing any sort of chain eatery (fast food or otherwise) to be included in these ratings somehow defeats the object of them being there to help travelers find restaurants unique to a specific destination.




TA should not ';allow'; reviews of chain restaurants?



With all due respect to you blagger, that%26#39;s nonsense!



I most certainly do not think In-n-Out Burger should be rated #2 in LV, surely there must be oh, at least a hundred or so other restaurants that are far superior. If In-n-Out can even be *called* a ';restaurant';, lol.



However, people *like* chain restaurants, as they are predictable, dependable and often have more reasonable prices. I do admit to being astonished and somewhat saddened at how many Americans insist upon eating at McD%26#39;s, Pizza Hut et al when in London. (Just as an example.)



But to not allow chains to be included in the TA ratings? Thought this was a free speech travel site, within reason ;-)




For quite a while the Orleans was ranked in the top 5 hotels in Vegas. I have stayed at that hotel and I enjoyed my stays there but it isn%26#39;t nor was it ever one of the top 5 hotels in Vegas. But more people wrote a review of it and were happy with their stay (especially considering how cheap it usually is). I think the same thing is happening with In N Out Burger. I am also from the east coast and we don%26#39;t have any so when I want a burger in Vegas I eat there. If I were to write a review (which I don%26#39;t) I would say it was great.



There are no In N Out Burgers on the strip. I am not sure why someone doesn%26#39;t put one there.




Olive Garden is usually a highly rated Italian restaurant higher than even Battista%26#39;s.





I blame the plethora of excellent restaurants in Vegas and there are so many of them that the voting gets diluted.




Correction.



In n Out should be #1.





You people are hilarious. Trying to rationalize why it is #2. How about the burger%26#39;s are amazing. In fact, everything is great on the menu.



And it%26#39;s not a ';chain'; in the same way McDonald%26#39;s or Denny%26#39;s is a chain.



The owner refuses to franchise it out to anyone to eliminate a decline in quality. Everyone is owned solely by the owner.

没有评论:

发表评论