2012年4月23日星期一

Grand Canyon Tour

I will be in Vegas and am staying at MGM Grand for 2 nights in March. I really want to go to the Grand Canyon but am not sure which way to go. As it sits I have 3 options.

1) Go by bus/van and drive to the Canyon and back.

2) Go by plane (to an airport near the Canyon and then bus the rest of the way)

3) Go by helicopter to the Canyon itself.

Just wondering what people think is the best, which tour to take, and who are good companies to tour with?

Thanks.

Grand Canyon Tour

Hello....I will be in MGM myself (Signature) in March also for 3 nights...wow, this is cool. Well, for your grand canyon tour, I would suggest you go to the South Rim, where the National Park is and where the better views are. Driving there takes about 5 hours, and the tours that are offered by bus and vans generally takes 12-15 hours to complete, so its a long day. I will be taking a tour myself with grand-adventures on the 13th of March, and cant wait for it. My best bet for you is to take the plane/bus tours to the south rim from las vegas, as this only will last you 5-6 hours, and you get to see the national park from above and below. Plus you have more time free in Vegas for yourself :). Recommended companies for such tours includes Scenic Airlines/Papillon (same company) and Maverick Airlines, which also has a helicopter division just like Papillon. They just launched their own airplane division recently. Dont take the helicopter tours to grand canyon from las vegas, as they only go to the ';West Rim'; (which is not the true west rim of the grand canyon, BTW). Its not as scenic as the national park side, and those heli tours cost lots more than the south rim plane/bus tours. Well, hope that helps, and have fun!

Grand Canyon Tour

chocopenguin: I just booked with Grand Adventures earlier today for May. I hope you%26#39;ll make a post after your experience with them.

Have a great trip.

Sovereign_72: I%26#39;d say that if you can%26#39;t drive yourself to the Grand Canyon, then the advice chocopenguin is right on. Don%26#39;t go with the helitours out of Vegas as it%26#39;s not the true Grand Canyon that you see in all the great photos of it.


fiddler: oh, dont worry about a report...i will post a good TR when i come back in march ....after all, I%26#39;m going to Vegas for my sister%26#39;s wedding and also planning to see what the South Rim is like with grand adventures. CJay was awesome in her communication with me....cant wait til march 13th

sovereign: again, please consider the south rim for your grand canyon excursion, as it is the better and more economical choice for the tours. If you can afford the money for it, check out Maverick%26#39;s ';Canyon Dreams'; tour which is an airplane from Vegas (Henderson, actually) using a Beechcraft turboprop plane to the South Rim followed by an Eco-Star helicopter tour of the South and north rim, then a coach tour of the South Rim itself, lunch included. It lasts around 6 to 7 hours, and the company itself, Maverick, is one of the best flying touring companies in Vegas.


Thanks chocopenguin

I am going to be in Vegas from March 20 so will miss you by about a week. You will have to let me know what you really enjoyed whilst there.

I dont think I will be able to afford the you beauty tour but will look at flying by plane to the South Rim. Are there any other options of what to do when you get there by plane?

I was thinking of doing the Skywalk...is it worthwhile??


The Skywalk is NOT at the Grand Canyon South Rim. It is on a side canyon at the so called grand canyon west. If you want to see the Grand Canyon, Don%26#39;t go there!

  • best myspace
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论