2012年4月25日星期三

economy affected your vacation plans?

Hi everyone.





I know this can be a downer subject but it would be nice to hear from people on the forum. When I watch TV it is all I see these days and I wonder if it is affecting the average Joe? It has`nt quite hit us in Canada yet but they say it is coming!





Anyone else from anywhere else please chime in with your thoughts.



economy affected your vacation plans?


The economy is starting to affect us here in Alaska. My family is in tourism, and cruise passenger numbers are way, way down. My husband and I will be going to Vegas in February (airline miles, comped room, and gifted travellers checks from family for Christmas). This will probably be our last trip there for a long time. :(



economy affected your vacation plans?


Honestly, at this point the economy ';crisis'; has been fairly mild here in SOuth Dakota. We have the 3rd lowest rate of mortgage foreclosures nationally, and while the unemployment figures are starting to pick up, it just doesn%26#39;t seem as bad as other places. I believe its somewhat because of the economy that we CAN go back to Vegas so soon after our October trip. With rooms comped to continue to attract visitors (it works) and lower airfare rates than we%26#39;ve previously seen, its actually more affordable to vacation in LV than almost anywhere else. I don%26#39;t eat in 5 star restraunts, and I%26#39;m happy eating 6.99 steaks at Ellis Island. A similiar meal in a local restraunt would be at least twice that, sometimes more. Around here, decent hotel rooms start at around $80, and are easily comparable to the $26 rooms a tthe Stratosphere. I didn%26#39;t get my fill of Vegas my first trip (will I ever? LOL)so it only made sense to go there instead of somehere closer to home. I can have 4 days in vegas, with 65 degree weather, or I can take a few days off locally here in SD, where it was -20 last night!!!! Feb temps can certainly get there too.... it was a no brainer for us to go to LV if we were going to vacation at all




Hi folks:





We%26#39;re going to Vegas in April with partially comped rooms. Since the Canadian dollar is 80 cents to the US dollar, My husband and I are taking $100 out of each of our pay cheques to buy US money. Usually I%26#39;ll buy it all at once, but now cannot afford to. So, with the economy we%26#39;ll still get to Vegas, but much slower in preparation!





Arlene



(from cold Toronto)




The down turn in the economy is making it possible for our trip to Vegas in 2 weeks. We had not planned on going this year but because of finding such great deals on air fare out of Dallas and rooms at TI for $69 we are able to go.





It is an unexpected treat!!!




My husband and I are both retired and when we still go on vacations but do it a little more economically.





We had hoped to go to Paris, France this year, but it%26#39;s just not in our budget this year....we%26#39;ll be at Paris (Las Vegas) instead and not be disappointed at all.





We were in Las Vegas twice last year (which we combined with a trip to Utah). Our rooms were comped at the Paris and one night at the Rio. We%26#39;re going back in June - 5 nights comped at Paris and 3 nights at Harrah%26#39;s. We have cut our entertainment to one headline show per visit. We no longer eat in the pricier restaurants and use our savings at the slot machines.





The steak dinner at Ellis Island is a great bargain at $6.99 and a really good dinner. We also enjoy the Cheesecake Factory at Casesar%26#39;s Forum and the Grand Lux Cafe at the Palasso (they have another cafe at the Venetian). I%26#39;ve pulled off coupons to get 2 for 1 hot dogs, pretzels, ice cream for the afternoons when we%26#39;re just hotel hopping.





I%26#39;m 68 and my husband is 70...we feel we have to vacation while we%26#39;re still able to get around. We just cut corners elsewhere during the year.




simple answer YES, decided not to go to Vegas till the weather warms up. Had too much money stolen from my 401K plan.




As long as i don%26#39;t get fired i am all set. See you in March? Anyway Obama is gonna save us right???




bump.




The economy really hasn%26#39;t hurt me because I am very good with my money. I have a savings account that I never let dip under 2 months of the household income. If me or DH ever gets laid off we will have enough to hold us over for a while. And our credit is very important so if we needed to we can go out and get a loan to help out. And SC pays 714 million a week in unemployment so I would be able to get that too. LOL! I won%26#39;t go there. I work in finance and it has hurt us some but not for me personally. I am prepared and always stress for others to prepare themselves as well. I did not lose much in my 401k because I%26#39;m only 22 and it hasn%26#39;t built up that much and thats so far away for me to worry about right now, it has plenty of time to build. The unemployment rate is way up. I believe SC is like the 2nd or 3rd highest in the US. It will come around though! Just be prepared and you will have nothing to worry about!




well with the pound down to 1.4 it sure makes me think about maybe not going this year but what the heck, got the money now so why not. Were we are if you have money and get layed off you get nothing(unless your from easten europe!)until your money runs out so I might as well spend it on something nice; %26#39;Vegas%26#39; !



I%26#39;m lucky as I work for the government so we don%26#39;t see the redundancies much but it may come.


  • makeup hair
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论