2012年4月25日星期三

For those who like to be like the LOCALS: take the bus - -

rtcsnv.com/transit/…SystemMap1-09_web.pdf







This is the Las Vegas Bus route map . ..





you%26#39;ll need good shoes, however . . .



For those who like to be like the LOCALS: take the bus - -


rtcsnv.com/transit/…SystemMap1-09_web.pdf





bus map



For those who like to be like the LOCALS: take the bus - -


try this one.







system map




';for those who like to be like the LOCALS take the bus'; not really true, most locals have cars. We drive everywhere. That is why there is no real good public transportation system.




I try to take advantage of public transit in any town i travel to..its fun to me. CAT buses arent too bad, IMO. i have been on worse systems




I lived there for 12 years and never took the bus once. I dont think anyone I know has ever taken the bus either.




We take the bus all the time in Vegas and find it to be a affordable and easy way to travel around town. Yes you need to study it prior to going, but it is very useful. This last trip I took the 202 to Sams Town and learned that the amount of time it takes to get there is not worth it to me. We use the strip bus all day long to avoid the walking we don%26#39;t need to do and we also tend to take the bus to Ellis Island, Terribles, Rio, Gold Coast and Orleans. Yes we could walk to Ellis and take shuttle to Rio, Gold Coast and Orleans, but we are over the walking thing and to the others the bus is often times faster.




not all locals take the bus



not all visitors want to be like the locals



so what to either!



On this forum we have often discussed the bus as one of many transportation options.



many of us think it is a good cheap alternative, others do not.



take the bus if it works for you - regardless if the locals do so, and certainly not because you think doing so makes you like a local.



make your decisions based on what works for your trip.



the website is user-friendly, the route planner easy to use.




interesting.. in my hometown i%26#39;m obviously a local and I don%26#39;t ride the bus and neither do any of my friends. The people I know that live and work in Vegas don%26#39;t ride the bus either.. This is suggesting that people who reside in their own cities ride buses mostly to get around. lol




WOW!





For all you guys to jump on me is so not fair.





I know that people who live in Las Vegas



all drive cars to get from let%26#39;s say ';home to



';Von%26#39;s';.





Just look at the pathetic traffic conjestion on



the spaghetti thingy all the day long.





God for bid there%26#39;s ice or snow(every 20 years) . .



it%26#39;s just nice to take a bus to get where you%26#39;re



going. Since people in that clime don%26#39;t KNOW even



how to drive on Black Ice.





What%26#39;s scary to me is that I live East, in a pretty



large,conjested burg and all the savy locals, for the most



part buy a monthly ticket and just forget about



DMV,Insurance, Plates, Inspections, (oh yea) gas,



and tickets and summones and all that extra



money paid out just to be in control of one%26#39;s



movement from point A to point B.







I meant no harm.





Shoot me.



Clint feels the same way about public transportaion.





(ya liked my downtown thread.)




New York has a great public transportation system. Both my sibilings live there and neither has a car. They get along fine without one.



That doesn%26#39;t mean Vegas is the same. They have basic bus routes and that is about it. I only know one person who lived in Vegas and for some reason didn%26#39;t own a car. Everyone else did and wouldn%26#39;t think of being without the car to get places-including me.

没有评论:

发表评论