2012年4月23日星期一

CAT what is with the slow down?

I recently returned from Vegas and got the $7 24hour pass. We stopped every few stops (this was around 1pm) We sat there for about 4-5 minutes(not taking on any passengers). Is this a schedule thing? I thought that maybe the bus was too quick and since we had to be on a set timetable they need to stop and wait. The traffic was extremely light. We also had some type of bus monitor get on and check things out.



CAT what is with the slow down?


Mo, When I rode the Deuce in December, I saw this happen then, too. It used to be that the bus would pull up to the stop, take on some passengers and then leave the rest for the next bus. This time, they let everyone on and waited. I was thinking that since it%26#39;s a slower time, they are just running less buses and want to be sure they load as many people as possible. The ';monitor'; had a clipboard and was writing stuff down, so I figured maybe they were doing some kind of time/rider census thing.



CAT what is with the slow down?


I noticed the bus monitors for the first time in December and questioned them. Yes they are trying to keep them on a schedule due to complaints of long waits in between them. They are supposed to run to each stop every 8 mins. She said and with the downturn in Vegas and there being less traffic on the road and bus they were running much faster and sometimes they would have 3 buses at one stop at a time.




Wow I need an edit button!!!!

没有评论:

发表评论