2012年4月21日星期六

carry on

Hello!





Okay, I know I have flown before, but I have never just took a carry on. My question is how many bottle of 3 oz liquids can I take on my carry on? Like for instance would I be able to take my soap,shampoo,conditoner,deoderant,body spray, and perfume? Then would I be able to take my flat iron and brush? This is a crazy question I know. But I thought I was only able to carry on 3-3oz bottles, and a few people have told me other wise.



Thanks



carry on


Your best information is at www.tsa.gov





You can carry as much liquid in containers less than 3.7 oz each that can fit in a quart size baggie. That includes aerosol cans - must be less than 3.7 oz and ALL combined must fit in a quart sized baggie zipped.



carry on


3 oz is the written rule. My dad says allowed up to 3.7 (he is a TSA supervisor) but I would stick with 3 oz just to be safe.




Assuming that you%26#39;re serious...you can take as many 3oz bottles of liquid that you can fit into a one quart ziplock bag. %26#39;Flat iron and brush%26#39; are also allowed to travel freely in your carry on bag.




sure I am serious, why would%26#39;t I be lol? So the way I understand it is, before I go thru security I take my zip lock bag out of my carry on is that correct?




yes.




How about putting the baggy in your purse, that%26#39;s what I do.




On top of the purse is fine, just be sure to pull it out and lay it on top when you go through the checkpoint. Sometimes they will let it go through when it is packed, but more often than not they will want to visually see the baggie. It will just save everyone time if you have it out and they don%26#39;t have to ask.




Great! I clearly understand now, thank you for the well needed help.





Have a good day!




Seriously for your own time and frustration saving benefit, spend a few minutes reading through the TSA%26#39;s website under the traveller section. Lots of info to make it go as smooth as possible. A knowledgable traveller is a happy one. That%26#39;s why TripAdvisor rocks, right? Good luck!




The quart Ziploc bag is for liquids and gels only. The hotels do provide soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. so if you are not that fussy you can just use what the hotel supplies. Or buy your things at Walgreens or CVS on the strip. If I want to bring something of my own I just go to someplace like Walgreens and buy some of their travel sized bottles, empty them out and fill them with my own liquids.

没有评论:

发表评论